Monday, March 12, 2012

7 Great Reasons to "Like" the Belleworks Facebook Page

I've recently set up my Facebook page for my freelance writing business. I'd love you to take a look at it and "Like" my page: https://www.facebook.com/belleworks

Those of you who are writers or looking to get into writing for fun, profit or both might get a lot out of my page for many good reasons which might appeal to you.

1) I post lots of writing tips. I follow a lot of great resources on my Twitter page. (You might want to follow me there too: https://twitter.com/#!/belleworks) As an aspiring author myself, I'm always looking out for useful advice on structuring a novel, developing characters, avoiding typical mistakes or marketing a book or blog. I post lots of these on my Facebook page - free of charge!.

2) If you have questions about grammar or punctuation I'll answer them. I taught and tutored grammar to university students for a long time, and I do a lot of editing in my day to day work, so this is an area of expertise for me. If you have grammar or punctuation questions, feel free to ask me. If I don't know the answer myself, I'll scour the Internet and try and find you one.

3) I post about writing opportunities too. Remember those resources I mentioned? I see lots of opportunities for writers eg Nanowrimo, writing competitions, free ebooks.  Added bonus: As a Caribbean writer, I'm always on the look out for opportunities which would be of interest to me, and I know Caribbean authors out there are aware that chances like that are sometimes a bit rare. I give anything related to our interests top priority.

4) I promote blogs of interest. There are so many good blogs out there. I'll be spotlighting some of the good ones. I also want to promote blogs of the people who like my page, so I encourage anyone who follows the page to link their blog, so I can promote it to everyone else.

5) It's a place to meet other writers.  It's always good to be able to interact with other writers and bloggers out there. It's a good chance to have discussions and ask questions, and I hope a lot of that will be going on.

6) It's a good place to find out if I can be of service to you. I'm a freelance writer/editor, and this page is also my showcase for the kind of work I can do for you or your business. Be sure to check me out and see if I can help.

7) I'll be working to improve this page all the time! So if you have writing related ideas or suggestions of what you want to see there, let me know, and I'll incorporate them if I can. Post ideas below if you have them.

No comments: